Today’s Calgary person was handed to me on a silver platter. Ok maybe not quite a silver platter, but I didn’t have to walk up to her on the street like I was a 16 year old trying to get her to buy me a case of beer! This little interaction was a set up. NICE 🙂 Anyhow, this is Kate and here is what she had to say.
1. Where are you from?
2. Why did you moved to Calgary of all places?
We moved here because my husband got a job offer here and they offered to pay for the move. So we were like “Ok, well if we don’t like it we’ll leave”.
3. Do you like living in Calgary?
Yes. I miss Toronto, I miss the city, but we like the mountains, skiing, hiking and stuff. And the slower pace of life here.
4. What is it about Calgary that you like? Even though you kind of answered that already.
The stuff outside of the city, more than the city it’s self.
5. What do you like to do for fun?
Ski, well before baby (laughter and a look to her 1 year old daughter playing near by), hike, we like to go out with friends to bars, have people over, board games and stuff.
6. If you had to describe Calgary to some one, what would you say?
7. Have you ever ridden a horse?
Yes, ironically I used to horseback ride back in Toronto and I moved here and never found a barn.
Rob: What! That’s crazy! haha.
Kate: So yes I do ride.
8. Anything you’d like to add?
We like the opportunities here, so that’s why we stayed. It’s home now.
* Thank you for talking to me Kate! 🙂