So today I saw a guy walking along with a empty tray of food at the Eau Claire Market. I figured, this guy can’t be too busy, so I asked him if he would be interested in being on the blog. After I told him about it he informed me that he had a studio in the building and told me the girl there would probably be into it. Off Yoshi went to dispose of his empty tray and away I went to meet this girl.
In the studio I found a very cool and easy going girl named Violet. I told her Yoshi had sent me and explained to her about the blog. To no surprise she was into it 🙂 Here is what Violet had to say about Calgary.
Camera: 5Diii & 135L – Settings: 1/125th // f2 // ISO 3200
1. Where are you from?
I’m from Ontario, but I was born in BC.
2. Why did you moved to Calgary of all places?
The music scene and the economy.
3. Do you like living in Calgary?
I do, it’s pretty fun!
4. What is it about Calgary that you like?
Everyday is a new adventure here.
5. What do you like to do for fun?
I do art and music and a lot of different things. I was tie-dyeing and making music. We have different cook off’s, gingerbread making parties. Lots of things, my friends are musical. Art days and I have a few different photography jobs.
Rob: Well ya, I’m standing here in a studio with you (laughter).
Violet: It’s pretty fun.
Rob: Ya, we have things in common.
6. If you had to describe Calgary to some one, what would you say?
Hmmm, (laughter) I’m not sure, I would say that it’s like (pause), Toronto but with a home town feel.
7. Have you ever ridden a horse?
Ya lots, but not here (laughter)
8. Anything you’d like to add? Website or anything?
My website? Sure, you can find me on facebook at Vybe Visuals or google Violet Brown and you’ll find me.
* Thank you Yoshi and Violet for being so cool! Had a fun time talking shop in the studio with you guys.