I met these two quite a while back but never got to posting their interview because the picture didn’t turn out. I guess I should check my shots a little closer in these types of situations haha. Anyhow, they were really nice so I decided to post it anyway, sorry for the poor picture quality guys!
So one night when I was walking around the Eau Clair Market area downtown looking for people for this blog I saw these two behind a pub that is by the market. They seemed to be having quite the little chat, but at this point in my night I had been turned down twice already and I was determined, so I interrupted them as nicely as I could and explained to them what I was doing. Clearly they agreed to talk to me and here is what they had to say 🙂
1. Where are you from?
– Laura: Nova Scotia
– Rob: BC
2. Why did you move to Calgary of all places?
– Laura: I was tired of Nova Scotia and I came out to work in the mountains for the summer and I ended up loving it and all my friends followed me out here, so I stayed and I love it!
– Rob: My girlfriend at the time lived here so that kinda ment I had to live here (laughter).
– ME: Ok, well that makes sense haha.
– Rob: School as well, but you know haha.
3. Do you like living in Calgary?
– Rob: As opposed to where I was living before? or just in general?
ME: Just in general.
– Rob: Ya, it’s nice.
– Laura: I also love it, lost of good music scenes, good people, mountains, awesome!
4. What do you like to do for fun?
– Laura: Go to the Ship & Anchor and drink pints! (laughter).
– Rob: I don’t really have fun, sooo?
– Laura: He’s in school. (laughter)
ME: Darn! haha.
5. If you had to describe Calgary to someone, what would you say?
– Rob: Oooooh, ummm, to be honest I’d say it’s flat and windy and brown or white, one of the two and that would be how I would describe it.
ME: That is an accurate description (except for summer when Calgary is beautiful), (Laughter).
– Rob: It’s not a very favourable one, but accurate haha.
ME: What would you say Laura?
– Laura: I would say it’s very multi cultural and lots of nice people from all over the world, because Calgary wasn’t as big as it is on it’s own. And lots of opportunity for jobs and just good people. I miss the water though, definitely miss the ocean.
ME: I also miss the water!
– Laura: Where are you from?
ME: I am from Vancouver.
– Laura: Ahhh, ya it (Calgary) had a beach it would be perfect.
6. Ok so just to wrap this up, have you ever ridden a horse?
– Rob: Mmmm ya. I can’t remember when last, but I know at some point.
ME: Ok, have you (Laura) ever ridding a horse?
– Laura: I have, I used to take ridding lessons and I did in Banff on a trail ride, it was awesome!
7. Nice! Is there anything else you would like to add?
– Laura: It was nice to meet you and we gotta get back to work haha.
– Rob: Flames suck! (Laughter)
– Laura: GO MONTREAL!
ME: Thanks guys, I appreciate it!